Free Shipping within Canada on orders $100+
If you redesign one of the most popular socks in the line you better come correct. Increased breathability with mesh panels on top of the foot, a new smooth ribbing upper that stays put forever, and extended cushion over the Achilles - just a few heavy additions to one of the lightest hike socks out there.Height: Micro Crew
Pair with: Hiking shoes, trail runners, fresh mountain air
Men's micro crew socks average 8.5 in. from heel to cuff - expect them to show about 6 in. above a low hiking shoe or just above a standard hiking boot.
A performance fit means no slipping, no bunching, no blisters for peak hiking comfort.
Light Hiker socks have cushioning underfoot, atop the ankle, and up the Achilles to keep feet comfortable for miles and miles.
Multi-zone mesh panels improve venting and flexibility, while reducing bulk and pressure points.
Merino Wool is at home on the trail, naturally moving moisture to keep feet fresh and dry in all weather.
Lightweight socks breathe naturally and deliver flexible, all-day comfort for summer hiking.
The "still" in Still Made in Vermont, USA is personal. We knit all our socks at our VT-based Mills - we can't imagine it any other way.
Unconditionally Guaranteed for Life - if these aren’t the longest lasting socks you’ve ever owned, return them for another pair.
We offer uncompromised comfort, durability, and fit. The following sock size guide will help you find your perfect pair. Or this quiz.
Men's / Unisex Size Chart
Women's Size Chart
*Our men's-sized socks tend to reach a bit higher on the leg compared to the women's sock heights of the same name. Just FYI.
Kids' Size Chart
Sock heights are relatively universal. We admit we invented Micro Crew on our own. These visuals will help with the general idea of where a sock reaches, and the measurements chart will help with specifics.
Sock Height by Inches
We measure from the heel to the cuff of the sock. A ruler or measuring tape can help you determine where the sock will reach on your leg.
Cushion is a padding within the sock created by knit terry loops. The cushioning provides added protection in high impact areas, shock absorption, and extra warmth and comfort.
- No Cushion Socks: A thin knit with no lift from terry loops in the socks. Regardless of yarn weight, this is a thin sock.
- Cushion Socks: Terry loops underfoot and other areas of the sock, but does not wrap the foot. Our most popular, versatile cushion style.
- Full Cushion Socks: The terry loops run the entire length of the sock, or at least up to the cuff, for a full wrap of cushion around the foot and leg.
A few of our Ski & Snowboard socks feature targeted cushioning in the shin that is separate from the foot. In our Work socks category, we also carry socks specifically for steel-toe footwear with extended cushioning in the toe.
- Ultra-lightweight Socks: The absolute lowest profile that is nearly a second skin. Even with cushion, these socks are sleek and silky smooth.
- Lightweight Socks: The most versatile weight found in practically every sock category. When accompanied with cushion, it is considered the most sublime combination we knit.
- Midweight Socks: With the outdoors in mind, this is where our hiking socks and ski socks made their name. More natural insulation, and so durable they are a thru-hiker staple.
- Heavyweight Socks: Our warmest socks. Always with cushion, if not a full cushion of terry loops, these usually have the highest Merino Wool content of any styles with maximum Merino benefits.